- It requires approximately 4 gallons of water to process a pound of hamburger.
- It takes 1,500 gallons of water to make one barrel of beer.
- About 39,000 gallons of water are used to manufacture a new car.
- There are about 17 million households in the U.S. that use water from privates wells.
- An average residence in the U.S. uses 107,000 gallons per year.
- The average daily cost of public water supply is 25 cents per person.
- Of all the earth's water, 97% is in the oceans, 2% is frozen, and 1% is suitable for drinking water.
- A human can survive for about a month without food, but can live only about a week without water.
Trace Concentration Put In Perspective
|1 Part Million is the same as:||1 Part Billion is the same as:||1 Part Trillion is the same as:|
|1 inch in 16 miles||1 inch in 16,000 miles||1 inch in 16,000,000 miles|
|1 minute in 2 years||1 second in 32 years||1 second in 320 centuries|
|1 cent in $10,000||1 cent in $10 million||1 cent in $10 billion|
|1 oz of salt in 31 tons of potato chips||1 pinch of salt in 10 tons of potato chips||1 pinch of salt in 10,000 tons of potato chips|